Thursday, October 7, 2010

Forgiveness and flexibility

Today I'm trying to forgive and be flexible. I got up early this morning and, like every morning, walked the dogs, planning my day. When I got home I got out the frozen chicken and found I had only one can of cream of chicken soup, so I got the soup down and set it next to the frozen chicken, then made a list of what I needed to complete preparation of crockpot chicken & rice for tonight. I made Mom coffee, then went to take a shower.

When I was ready for the day, Mom was sitting at the table reading and drinking her coffee. I had an appointment at 1:00 in Edmond, so I knew I had only an hour to get the ingredients and fix dinner. I asked Mom if she wanted to go to the store real quick. She was glad for the invite and waited in the car while I grabbed the few things I needed. I got back in the car, thinking she and I could grab a quick burger at Wendy's since she'd be home alone all day the next couple of days and would enjoy the outing. We ate pretty fast and went home.

I put the ingredients in the crockpot thinking something was wrong. When I was finished and cleaning up she asked me, "Are you missing a can of soup?"

I thought about that..."Yes, as a matter of fact, I'm missing the cream of chicken soup. It was the only one I had. I need that for this recipe."

"I ate it."

No comments:

Post a Comment