Friday, August 6, 2010

It Doesn't Pay to Hide Chicken

Graham Cracker and Shem got into a huge fight at dinner. I made a yummy new recipe (chicken/broccoli/Catalina Dressing/garlic on noodles). Maybe it's because Graham Cracker sits at the table and eats all day, don't really know, but Shem noticed she was again hiding chicken in a napkin. It seems she does this when she gets full or doesn't like something... I choose to think she was full...

(Read this loudly or yell when you're reading it:)
Shem called a halt to the chicken cloistering, "Why are you hiding chicken in a napkin?"
"I'm not! Mind your own business! You're rude!"
"You're the one who's rude! It hurts Bev's feelings that you would feed your dinner to the dogs."
"I'm not feeding my dinner to the dogs...and you're rude!"
"Then what are you doing, hiding chicken in your napkin?"
"I'm not hiding it and it's none of your business. You're rude!"
Unrolling the napkin and putting the chicken back in her plate he told her, "This food is not for the dogs."
"I wasn't going to give it to the dogs."
That's when the conversation became circular.
Shem and Mary are the only two people I know who can give it to her in spades and walk away unscathed.

No comments:

Post a Comment