Thursday, November 5, 2009

Of turkeys and tears

Today I baked a turkey (Hey Beck, it was delish!). While I was preparing it, I heard a noise. Turning to the noise I saw Graham Cracker bawling her head off. BAWLING! I asked, "What's wrong?" I had no clue! I was in a hurry so I thought maybe I had hurt her feelings. She continued to sob. Ohmigosh! What in the world could be wrong to make her cry so hard?

Several times I inquired, "What happened? What's wrong? Why are you crying?"
Finally she responded, "You're gonna think this is dumb. You're gonna laugh at me."
"What? Why would I laugh at you for crying?"
"You're gonna think I'm silly."
"?(Scooby Doo)?"
"It's the turkey! That poor little thing had to die so we could eat. Poor, poor little turkey! It's so sad! He was just a little innocent turkey! Never did anything wrong and he had to die!"
"You're right. I'm laughing."

No comments:

Post a Comment