Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Glasses (sigh)

Today I looked EVERYWHERE for her glasses. I mean EVERYWHERE!!! I looked in places I don't normally look in. It totally stumped me.

To back up a bit, Shem always leaves her a note on the table.
Here's one:
I'm at work
Bev's at school
You are sitting here
Or on the stool

Love,
Captain Fartsalot

The purpose of the notes is to tell her she has a doctor's appointment, which usually means she'll take a shower. At 1:00 she was still in her pajamas, reading on the couch (without her glasses). I reminded her that she had a doctor's appointment and that she needed to take a shower. She replied that she had. I went into the bathroom to find two dry towels and a dry shower. I returned, asking her why the towels were dry. She admitted to not telling the truth then told me she's a grown woman and doesn't need to shower every day. I told her she needed to do so for the doctor. It pissed her off that I told her to take a shower.

I told her I wouldn't help her look for her glasses until she took a shower.

While she was in the shower, I opened every drawer and cabinet, even in rooms she doesn't go into. I looked under the bed, on the shelves, in the closet, in the frig...EVERYWHERE, Sam I am. When she finished her shower I told her I couldn't find them. She went to put her shoes on and there they were, in her shoes. She must have at least seven glasses cases, all of them empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment