Saturday, September 26, 2009

Thought for the day

To be perfectly honest, one of the things that's so wearing is that she's so self-absorbed. Yes, she's pleasant and pretty easy to get along with and she worked so hard to help bring the groceries in the house. When she goes anywhere in the car, she sees nothing but what's in front of her. Yesterday I took her out to get fried chicken. There was a Little Caesar's guy on the corner that totally cracks us up. He has his tunes and he stands...or should I say DANCES on the corner every day. Totally unaware of all the people watching his. He always makes me smile. We sat at the light. There he was, right outside her window, and she didn't even noticed. I pointed him out and it didn't register at all.

I took her to Sam's and she zeroed in on all the samples, but seemed completely out of tune with her surroundings. One of the samples ladies was friendly and said something to me to whit Mom asked her if we're good friends. She said, "No." Mom said, "Well you should be. You're so friendly!" The lady grinned, searching my face. I mouthed, "She has Alzheimers." The lady nodded, seeming to understand. Can't decide if this is the awkward person who has always been Ann or if this is a new person.

When she was a nurse I saw a side of her that wasn't evident throughout my childhood. Become a nurse caused her to blossom--to fulfill all God made her to be. It was glorious to watch her unfold. I fear she has returned to the person who didn't know what to do with herself in public. Perhaps that's why she's so wrapped up in her dog. She doesn't have to be anyone or anything.

Sorry. I just feel frustrated. She hasn't done anything wrong. It's just difficult to see this.

I bought her five Dan Brown books. We checked out The DaVinci Code from the library almost two weeks ago. She got halfway through then began reading the first few pages and has now worked her way almost all the way through. She keeps talking about how wonderful the book is. The library wants it back. When I saw a stack of them at Sams I went ahead and bought them. She's been stressed out that she won't be able to finish the library book in time. Now she can take all the time she wants! (She told us she met him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment